Thursday, December 31, 2009

So this is the new year, and I have no resolutions for self assigned penance for problems with easy solutions

2009 was not pretty. Between being laid off, death, sickness - there have been a lot of ups but mostly downs. Sadly, I don't see 2010 getting much better either.

And just for the hell of it, 2009 decided to kick me when I was down - by exploding my kitchen faucet right in the middle of my New Year's day food prep. Hello flood, you've ruined my plans. Still, I've tried to just move on.

Despite these setbacks, I've have been prepping for tomorrow's lunch since 7am. No big party tonight on the Eve, just lots of New Year's Day good luck foods tomorrow. Here's to hoping.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Stacey said...

Here's wishing you a happier 2010! And I want to say that many times your blog brought moments of joy to my 2009. Thanks!

Friday, January 01, 2010 6:59:00 AM  
Blogger Darlene said...

Happy New Year Jenn!

Wishing you, despite everything that has happened in 2009, a better 2010.

Friday, January 01, 2010 7:41:00 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

I wish you many happy days of cupcakes and batman in the new year.

Friday, January 01, 2010 7:55:00 AM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

Whoops...I may have jinxed you on the flood. I mentioned you in one of my blog posts about New Year's prep and how you would be the only one amongst my blogging list who can understand what we go through.

If I did, I owe you a box of Sakura mochi.

Friday, January 01, 2010 2:35:00 PM  
Blogger Gerta said...

My 7 year-old son was peeking over my shoulder while I was reading this post. He decided to read it out loud and assured me that 2010 will DEFINITELY be better for you. Hey, the kid's never wrong. Happy New Year!

Saturday, January 02, 2010 6:09:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home