Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Some imagination, huh?

There's some things you will only do for the love of your child. Like sit in the freezing cold holding a table for five hours. Yeah, I'd say that is love. Or craziness.

When we go to Disneyland it's usually for 4 hours max, that's all I can take. Now that the kids are in school and since my inlaws are here our time is limited so we had to visit the Happiest Place on Earth...on the worst day ever. The holidays. Oh lordy was it crowded. You couldn't even walk. I mean look at all these tourists!!:

Not only that, we were there from 10am to 10pm. Twelve freakin' hours.

For five of those hours I parked my butt at a table and held our space for a 9pm showing of Fantasmic - something I never let the kids see cause I never want to stay that late. It was...worth it(?) cause the kids loved it and had a blast. There was a new mighty dragon and it was pretty amazing.
And of course there was the beautiful fake holiday snow, i.e. soap, which the Baby kept trying to lick while I screamed DO NOT EAT WHAT IS FALLING FROM THE SKY. Ah, happy holidays. Meanwhile sitting in 40 degree weather for 5 hours, I'm pretty sure that I am back to being sick again because of it. I'm sure having a root beer float in the cold had nothing to do with it...um, yeah.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Margo said...

Husband and I went to WDW one year for the 4th of July. The MK was jam packed. We staked out our parade/fireworks location and spent the whole day taking turns running snacks back and forth to each other. It ended up being one of our best park days ever.

Wednesday, December 30, 2009 7:48:00 AM  
Blogger The Food Librarian said...

Holy crap. 5 hours at a table? Man, I'm hiring you when I want to finally see this show! :) - mary

Wednesday, December 30, 2009 11:27:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home