Thursday, December 31, 2009

This is the coastal town, that they forgot to close down, Armageddon - come Armageddon!

Day two of tourist hell. Wow, I didn't think my life could get worse. Think again! We have annual passes that were gifted to us for SeaWorld. Normally San Diego is a lovely place. 75 degrees. Pleasant. A nice place to visit. Well today, was not one of those days. Try darkness, the freezing rain, the cold. This is not normal Southern California weather.No it was abnormally bad weather brought on solely to kill any joy in my life, I am sure. Meanwhile, the kids didn't care - which is all that mattered. They enjoyed watching large fish jump out of pools of water. Still seems rather odd. Wouldn't those whales rather be free? Maybe it's just me.

The weather was in the low 50s, but with the wind chill I'd say 40s. My SIL asked if I was wearing blush...that's wind burn, goddamit. My inlaws are from Hawaii where it is currently 79 degrees and this freezing weather...they weren't prepared.

You could tell the animals weren't feelin' it too. On this day there was no jumping, or fun diving. Nope. Those whales just swam and were like WHAT. They were in no mood to participate and I don't blame them.

But the kids had a FANTASTIC time and can't wait to go back. Maybe when there is actual sun in the sky, kids. I enjoyed the fact that this was my last stop on the family tourism train. Also I ate a pretzel in the shape of Elmo's face. THAT equals a successful vacation...right??

More Sea World pics, here.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Bully said...

If you consume Elmo, then you take on his powers!

Thursday, December 31, 2009 6:54:00 AM  
Blogger justJENN said...

@Bully OH! Then I will become super annoying!!

Thursday, December 31, 2009 7:13:00 AM  
Anonymous Edward said...

Goodness, there is really much worthwhile data in this post!
London hotel | Montreal airport | Lake Tahoe map

Wednesday, January 25, 2012 4:47:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home