Friday, January 22, 2010

Sorry Ms. Lemon, I've got the winter madness...

Time is ticking. As January draws to a close - in my mind that means March is soon to follow. What's the big deal with March? It feels like a personal deadline looming over me like a dark cloud. March will make one year since my Grandpa died and one year since I've been unemployed. I read that NYTimes article on out of work architects today and it made me a little depressed - but it's nice to know I'm not alone.

If it's not all that then it's this crazy rain. It doesn't rain in Los Angeles, and if it does it's a joke, a drizzle. But this? There was a tornado warning down the street! This is not normal. Being cooped up in the house (because there's no going out in this town when it's raining) is slowly killing my brain.

I don't want to be wasteful and turn on the heater so I did the next best thing. I turned on the oven. I searched through the pantry to find ingredients - something that I could make that would not only comfort me, but warm me and keep my mind off things.

Luckily I kept the giant bag of bread crusts from when we went on the Hello Kitty sandwich making extravaganza. I was going to feed it to the ducks at the pond but then the storm hit. Tough luck, ducks. I also found my newly unopened jar of Nutella. Ah, Nutella. My breakfast of choice everyday when I lived in Italy. Pure comfort. I was going to spread some on toast, but I had a better idea. That's when it hit me. Nutella Bread Pudding. Comforting, warm and oh so delicious.

I should teeter on the edge of sanity more often. I come up with some pretty good recipes in the end.

Nutella Bread Pudding recipe, here.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Darlene said...

I love Nutella. I can eat it by the spoonful right out of the jar.

Uh. About the ducks. I thought you didn't like birds...

Friday, January 22, 2010 7:44:00 AM  
Anonymous Jake said...

Very effective material, lots of thanks for this article.
at this shop

Saturday, December 24, 2011 10:50:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home