Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Ray: I tried to think of the most harmless thing. Something that would never ever possibly destroy us. Mr. Stay-Puft.

Well, the week of vacay is almost over and the Kid and I have been keeping ourselves busy. Nothing fancy - errands, art projects, just passing the time.

I had recently seen an episode of the Best Thing I Ever Ate, and Tyler Florence was going OFF about this S'mores Pie. It looked amazing. The Kid LOVES marshmallow and I thought making a pie together might be fun. I wondered if I could make my own at home, but after looking up the recipe, there's no way I was going to work with hot sugar and a candy thermometer with the Kid.

For inspiration I used ideas from Anna's recipe for Marshmallow Pie that I saw on Cookie Madness and just changed it up to make it sorta...s'mores like. Hey I'm home with a kid, I am all about creativity here. The bittersweet chocolate cut the sweetness but oh lordy did it come out rich and sooo good.

As the vacation winds down, I'm gonna miss having the Kid to pal around with - on the other hand I will be glad to not have to play Spider-man Uno for hours on end.

S'mores Pie recipe, here.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger suburban housefrau said...

I was just about to say "Hey, Anna was just making a s'mores pie!"

Thursday, February 18, 2010 2:20:00 PM  
Anonymous Anna said...

So you reduced the milk, reduced the cream and more than doubled the chocolate. Now that's rich! I'm glad you liked it.

Monday, February 22, 2010 6:05:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home