Sunday, February 14, 2010

There's a party in my tummy

Er...that's weird. I just noticed that this month is the SEVENTH year I've been writing this blog. That is crazy...and longer than I've had kids. Hard to believe.

Now that I do have kids my weekends are full, busy, jam packed - no rest for the weak - and by that I mean full of kids parties. You know kids parties, where your kids go around and have fun while you have to make awkward small talk with people you have nothing in common with except that you are both friends with the host. Good times.

I went to a party recently and brought along a little something. Not to take away from the party food - it was just a little treat because I know the host LOVES mochi, and seeing as how I am the Mochi Queen lately (mochi donuts, mochi meatballs...), I wanted to make up something special...and the best way to do that is to add CHOCOLATE.

So I made Chocolate MOCHI Brownies - sure, basically just brownies but by adding mochiko flour it gives it a nice chew and a hefty texture. They were a HIT. I wasn't sure if people would appreciate the mochi-add in but everyone seemed to like them! I guess this will be my new go-to to bring to parties.

Consider it...MOCHI QUEEN APPROVED. Ok, maybe I do have a lot of time on my hands.

Chocolate Mochi Brownies recipe, here.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous jim said...

you need to team up with xhibit to do a cooking show, "mochi my recipe."

"we heard you like mochi, so we put some mochi in your brownies. and a new sound system with an xbox 360 and
plasma flat screen."

Sunday, February 14, 2010 6:58:00 PM  
Blogger Just call me Mommie Dearest said...

so yummy, so yummy....bet you weren't spending those pre-kid days watching any Gabba....I heart DJ Lance Rock. Isn't that sad?

Monday, February 15, 2010 12:22:00 PM  
Anonymous Ronda said...

When I grow up I want to be just like you. Srsly.

Oh shit. I'm 46. Bummer.

xoxoxoxo

Monday, February 15, 2010 2:07:00 PM  
Anonymous Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

Wow, 7 years! That's amazing! Congratulations :) And mochi brownies? I'm so intrigued! :D

Monday, February 15, 2010 8:24:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home