Tuesday, March 09, 2010

All that junk inside your trunk?

Today I went to the Japanese 98 cent store where I get my bento items. Only everything in there is like $1.88 so I don't know why they call it the 98 cent store. Inflation. Ridiculous.

They had NO new bento items to be found - sad - but since I was there, I just wandered and found some crazy a$$ things.

First up: The 'monotone lunch'It's just a plain black container, that is pretty monotone.

Is this Ice Cube's lunch box? 'I wish it is a good day today.' Me too, I'm glad my lunchbox can step in as my therapist in case I lose it over a sandwich.

Ok...WHY would you need an eraser that smells like noodles. Why?

I liked this 'Dad eraser' cause it looks like he's going to beat the crap out of you. And he also looks like Hitler. Worst. Dad eraser. Ever.

I bought this. I admit it. I mean it's an eraser with a hamster in a cape doing MAGIC, and it comes with a kit and everything. I bought it for the Kid, so I'll have to wait til he opens it to see if it works.

This. This is the worst cookbook on the face of the earth. This was the one thing in the store that was 98 cents and it's worth that much. Goddamn do I hate bananas.

Hopefully they'll have bento stuff by the time I get back to the store, otherwise I'll have to do a part 2 to this post and no one wants that.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Chessie said...

LOL! The first few things belong on engrish.com. Especially the Hitler dad eraser!

Tuesday, March 09, 2010 10:11:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

WHERE IS THIS STORE??? I have a bunch of stuff with that hamster on it, from the shop near the mochi store in Little Tokyo. I haven't seen the magic hamster yet though. Gah!

Tuesday, March 09, 2010 11:12:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

P.S. The only problem I see with that cookbook is the picture of the eggs on the cover. Banana pudding with vanilla wafers is a classic white trash delicacy that I remember fondly from my redneck past! ; )

Tuesday, March 09, 2010 11:14:00 PM  
Anonymous Annika said...

Monotone lunch is worrisome to me.

Word verification is acknal, which I assume is Admiral Ackbar's brother or something.

Wednesday, March 10, 2010 7:03:00 AM  
Blogger Rose said...

The Dad eraser is frickin' hilarious!

Wednesday, March 10, 2010 7:36:00 AM  
Anonymous Lori M. said...

What does it say about me that I would totally buy all those things? Wait, don't answer that!

I think I'm gonna hit that store this weekend. I need a yakisoba-scented eraser.

Friday, March 12, 2010 9:00:00 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Do you go to the Torrance or Gardena location? Torrance transitioned to more big ticket housewares, but the Gardena location is still full of all the cheap stuff. I found a ton of bento items, but maybe it's stuff you've seen before.

Saturday, March 13, 2010 3:39:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home