Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Brown Sugar babe, I gets high off your love

I realize it's technically the 'last week of winter' where you live, but here in SoCal it's hot. I mean 80 degrees hot. And in weather like this the Ice Cream Trucks prey on our weakness.

They know we are all sitting in our houses stewing in the heat. You can hear the Siren's Call, for miles: 'London Bridge' but at the highest pitch imaginable that only dogs can hear. ALLLL the kids on the street run to the windows and out the front doors. Kids you've never seen before, that you didn't even know lived in your neighborhood!! And that smart bastard stops RIGHT in front of my door. He knows that the neighbors and I both have young kids. We are targets.

I gave in and shelled out a couple bucks for some cold, sweet, caloric deliciousness, but I can't do that every day. So yesterday I prepared for the heat and in the morning I made cookies and ice cream to put together MY OWN ice cream sandwiches.

They came out perfect and now my freezer is stocked, so I'm not going out of the house no matter what, you hear me ice cream man? Who am I kidding. I'll be out there in line for a Choco Taco in no time.

Brown Sugar Ice Cream Sandwiches recipe, here.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Nichi said...

Those will disappear quick!

We have 3 ice cream trucks that go thru our cultisac!

Wednesday, March 17, 2010 12:21:00 PM  
Blogger Sandra Dee said...

As a Philly girl, I'm happy that the Choco Taco love has spread to the Left Coast....

The Jack & Jill ice cream trucks were a staple @ after school activities here....

Thursday, March 18, 2010 9:27:00 AM  
Blogger ljc said...

Oh this looks good. And I have ice cream sandwich molds from Williams Sonoma!

Tuesday, March 30, 2010 5:40:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home