Sunday, March 14, 2010

'Cause it's so hard to say goodbye to my homies

This weekend was filled with family time. It's tradition to do 'something' one year after someone dies, so our whole family got together on Saturday to just kind of be there for O.G. We didn't do the church thing, instead we just visited the cemetery pay our respects to Grandpa.

O.G. made me bring balloons - What. I swear the things that woman asks of me - so I let the kids pick them out. If the party supply store only knew we were going to a grave and not a kids party. Hope my Gramps appreciates Transformers and Hot Wheels.
Then we went home and had root beer.

Really, that is something our family would do any weekend anyway, but root beer was Grandpa's favorite. When our family gets together it can be an all day affair so I made cupcakes to keep us going throughout the day...Root Beer cupcakes of course.

Root Beer cupcakes recipe, here.
Chocolate Root Beer frosting recipe, here.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Darlene said...

Sorry about your grandfather again, Jenn. The first year death anniversaries are always hard.

Monday, March 15, 2010 9:06:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

I'm late in getting around to commenting, but I too offer my condolences on what must have been a difficult time for you and your family. Your family seems pretty amazing though and it's nice to remember and celebrate.

Monday, March 29, 2010 9:03:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home