Friday, March 12, 2010

Don't drink don't smoke - what do you do?
Goody two goody two goody goody two shoes

I don't drink. I don't smoke. There is nothing there for me to relieve stress...except to bake. And oh do I bake. Sometimes hundreds at a time, sometimes just a dozen, but it's pretty much daily.

Obviously I don't eat it all, I can't. But I like to make things FOR people - things that they love, that I know will make them happy.

When it came to my mom's birthday I knew I wanted to incorporate pralines. There's something about pralines - the melty brown sugar that just tastes so sweet. I wanted to capture that in cake form and I think I did - the cake for this cupcake melts in your mouth and is fragrantly sweet just like a praline. Now I'm not a fan of nuts in my cakes usually, but I threw them in for the heck of it, and they added so much it was just the perfect crunch. But I can't leave well enough alone.

No, I had to frost it.
Then add a cookie on top.Then praline glaze.
Then a pecan.
Oh ---yes. This is THE cupcake of your sweet praline dreams.

Maybe it's not good to channel your stress into one little cupcake, but it sure was delicious. And I feel remarkably stress free...

Praline cupcakes recipe, here.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Aida said...

After a year of reading and drooling, these cupcakes, THESE em-effers inspire me to comment. And cuss. These are even beyond the coffee & donut cupcakes that previously held my rapt attention for months. I'm now fixated and obsessed with these.

A MASTERPIECE!

Friday, March 12, 2010 9:44:00 AM  
Blogger Jenn.Hogg said...

Drooling. I want one so bad I can taste it. (well I wish I could taste it...) These look SOOOOO good!

Friday, March 12, 2010 9:55:00 AM  
Blogger suburban housefrau said...

link broken :(

Friday, March 12, 2010 7:08:00 PM  
Anonymous Lorraine @NotQuiteNigella said...

Praline is my crack. I must stay away from these for fear of becoming the size of a house! :P

Saturday, March 13, 2010 12:01:00 AM  
Blogger xtena said...

at a fundraiser, kara's cupcakes went for 1000 dollars!

Saturday, March 13, 2010 1:00:00 AM  
Anonymous Dawn C. said...

How DO you do it?! These are gorgeous. I wish you had a storefront so I could buy these and not have to just drool over my monitor :)

Monday, March 15, 2010 8:34:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home