Monday, March 22, 2010

Dove la farmacia?

Here's a little known fact - when O.G. was growing up one of her nicknames (she has many) was Moosey. Can you guess why? Because she LOVED spaghetti like an Italian person so they called her Moosey which was short for Benito Mussolini... >crickets< ...Yeah, makes no sense to me either. (See why I write books about her, she's got stories for days.)

That being said, the woman DOES love spaghetti so last week we went to O.G.'s favorite local Italian restaurant. While I watched the kids devour their meals I realized that I had been going there since I was 6 years old too! O.G. used to take me there and now we are taking my kids. That's one old time restaurant.

They give you plastic bibs with your meal since no one wants to ruin a nice shirt with red sauce - and that's the thing - the kids love it but at home I rarely make red sauce. The Baby is like the Tasmanian Devil when it comes to eating and I promise you, red sauce ends up on his chair, on his hands, IN HIS EARS (yes I've found it there) and I just can't handle the clean up.

But the kids love pasta, so I decided to try my hand at making Fettuccine Alfredo. It was a lot easier than I thought and boy was it delicious. And the clean up? Non-existent. I probably won't be serving it to ol' Moosey though, she's a traditionalist and loves her red sauces.

Fettuccine Alfredo recipe, here.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Valerie said...

Ok, you have me in suspense! So, where is this famous spaghetti restaurant?

Tuesday, March 23, 2010 8:32:00 AM  
Anonymous Babs said...

Moosey is cute! Reminds me of how I got the name Babs.

Tuesday, March 23, 2010 2:11:00 PM  
Blogger suburban housefrau said...

what could be bad about cream and parm?!

Tuesday, March 23, 2010 2:19:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home