Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Drop it like it's hot

Let me tell you something. I love lemonade. LOVE. IT. I buy it or make it regularly. I recently went to Trader Joe's and bought their old-fashioned brand...oh god. It tasted awful. And I've tasted a lot of lemonades...but I couldn't bring myself to drink this. (I even spit it out. shh.)

That's not to say I won't give it to my kids or my own mother! I froze some up and the kids loved it. Good for them. That still didn't get rid of the half gallon I still had left. My mom was coming over and I know she loves scones so I threw together a quick batch using...lemonade of course.



I made them twice and the second time I made some adjustments and they turned out great. I bet they'd taste even better with GOOD lemonade. I don't like dry scones and these were nice and moist and so very fragrant. I love that - when the house fills up with the lovely smells of baking.

I don't know what to do with the rest of this lemonade though. Maybe polish my furniture.

Lemonade Drop Scones recipe, here.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

Trader Joe's is like that. Things there are either really good for the price, or really awful. Although I do like homemade lemonade the best. The only decent store bought kind I've found is Simply Lemonade.

Tuesday, March 30, 2010 2:57:00 AM  
Blogger Darlene said...

Reminder to myself: do not buy Trader Joe's lemonade unless JustJenn's kids or mother comes over.

Tuesday, March 30, 2010 6:53:00 AM  
Anonymous Marty said...

you can use it to clean the dishwasher... usually works great and the more terrible the lemonaide, the better cleaner it is...

Friday, April 02, 2010 5:52:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home