Thursday, March 11, 2010

The highest of highs, the lowest of lows, I'll come driving, I'll come driving fast as wheels can turn.

A year ago everything changed.

Today is my Grandpa's birthday and the day he died. It is also when I lost my job. You'd think things would get better in a year, I'm sorry to tell you...it hasn't. So what do you do when life gives you lemons? As they say - you make lemonade. This is my lemonade.

24 full color pages of REAL conversations that O.G. and I had while going out for tacos, planning a funeral and just keeping each other company. Sure this is all I have to show after a year, but it's about all I can handle.

Despite the story behind it, this is not a sad book. It makes me laugh every time I read it. Sometimes humor and company are the only things that can get you through.

If you think this comic is a waste of my emotional therapy, you're not alone. Just check out the quote that was given to me for the back of the book:

Buy O.G. - Road Trippin', here.

**This is an online only pre-sale with books to be shipped in April!
(The book will officially be out for Comic Con 2010!)

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger kate said...

Thank you for this. This has been a rollercoaster year for me as well starting with the death of my mother last May. I will certainly buy the book.

Thursday, March 11, 2010 10:02:00 AM  
Anonymous Woodsy said...

Oh boy! This one should keep me laughing!! You and OG's conversations are priceless!!!

Thursday, March 11, 2010 2:08:00 PM  
Blogger Nanette said...

I'm sorry this has been a crappy year, Jenn. I will try to make it a little less crappy for you by buying your book.

Thursday, March 11, 2010 4:40:00 PM  
Anonymous P. said...

I so love your O.G. tales, but the $13 shipping to Canada makes me sad...
I hope the rest of this year picks up for you.

Thursday, March 11, 2010 9:28:00 PM  
Blogger justJENN said...

Thanks everyone. This has been a hard week, let alone year.

@P - I don't think $14 is correct. You can email me if you want and we can figure it out.

Friday, March 12, 2010 6:51:00 AM  
Anonymous Lorraine @NotQuiteNigella said...

Hehe what a cute idea! I hope 2010 improves for you! :D

Sunday, March 14, 2010 3:47:00 AM  
Blogger kate said...

Just ordered to book, if you're planning on sending it UPS let me know and I'll give you a different address. UPS cannot find my house. US Mail can though.
Thanks,
Kate in NC

Thursday, March 18, 2010 8:59:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home