Friday, March 26, 2010

shake your bon bon

The Ice Cream Man knows he can always count on us for a couple of bucks, but turns out he is also a really kind dude. The other day as we walked away with our sweets, he yelled loudly and called me back to the truck. I thought I gave him the wrong $$ but turns out he just wanted to give the kids free candy. What a guy. So we ran back out and gave him a cupcake for his kindness. We've started an underground sweets trade. WE HOMIES NOW.

Even with him rollin' by my house every week I still have ice cream on the brain constantly. I can't stop thinking of new recipes I want to make and flavors I want to taste.

When I was a kid my Grandpa used to always buy Bon Bons. I don't think they make those anymore, I guess the modern version would be Dibs, but have you seen the nutrition on those mofos?? I am no calorie counter by any means but even I know that 340 calories per serving with 220 of those being FAT, can NOT be good for you.

Dreaming of the old skool Bon Bons I thought I'd try my hand at making my own. I never really thought about how simple it was. The kids ADORED them but how could they not, I used 70% bittersweet Scharffenberger for goodness sakes!

This is what Bon Bon dreams are made of.

Homemade Ice Cream Bon Bons recipe, here
.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous alibaba39 said...

Drool!!

Friday, March 26, 2010 9:30:00 AM  
Anonymous Woodsy said...

You should start your own ice cream truck- I'd buy from it!!!!

Friday, March 26, 2010 10:48:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home