Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Some girl's mothers are bigger than other girl's mothers

Today is my mom's birthday and for some reason I feel the need to throw her a party every year as she gets older. It's like a reverse childhood. Last year I did the Ina Garten dinner party - this year I wanted to do...Ghostbusters.

Ha - fooled you. I didn't. But I wanted to. My family loves that movie more than the average person, almost to a fault. I'm sure no one else's family sits around the dinner table saying, "Yes, it's true. This man has no dick." but what can I say.

No instead I went with a Creole theme. My mom loves Cajun food we're Southern (Californian) after all. I remember as a kid my mom would make Gumbo and Jambalaya, she just loved those stew-y type soups.

Sometimes I get inspired to sketch quickly and tiny-ly. These are TRULY thumbnail sketches, each of them only about 1/2" x 1/2". I just started writing down dishes - whether or not I make all of them, we shall see.

Come this weekend, laissez les bons temps rouler!

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Nanette said...

Brent would like your family to adopt him. He appreciates a good Ghostbuster quote.

Tuesday, March 02, 2010 10:35:00 PM  
Blogger Our Man Horn said...

I likes your drawrings.

Wednesday, March 03, 2010 6:53:00 AM  
Anonymous Pdot said...

SWEET potater tots? Oh, please do make those.

Wednesday, March 03, 2010 9:15:00 AM  
Blogger The Food Librarian said...

I love that you draw the dishes IN THE presentation platter. You rock.

Thursday, March 04, 2010 5:34:00 AM  
Blogger Sizzle said...

Ghostbusters is one of my all time favorite movies. I lucked out that my boyfriend is also a huge fan so we can catch each other's references when we quote it.

Friday, March 05, 2010 7:46:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home