Monday, March 15, 2010

You're not the boss of me now and you're not so big. Life is unfair.

The Baby is growing up. The other day he started reciting the states AND their capitals and quite honestly I had to look it up to confirm that he was right because I am a moron. At just 4 years old it seems like lately he's a mini Rainman, just full o' info.

He is also drawing and writing a lot - which is good to see since I was wondering whether or not he was ready for 'real' school and it seems like he's more than happy to move on in life.

I can understand why people have a zillion babies it's partially selfish because it's so sad when they grow up. I told him he'd be my baby forever to which he replied: "NO WAY." He wants to make his own decisions, do this own thing, I get it.

I give a little by letting the kids pick what they want for dinner one night a week. Hey - it's decision making and makes them feel like they are in charge. Any input works for me. Yes, both the Baby and I sigh when the Kid announces it's 'Cheese Night," but you know.Of course the Baby's choice revolves around meat - he said 'hamburgers' and I said 'ew' but I decided what the heck, I could work with it. I made them with a little bit of flavor, and mini sized - like sliders - perfect for the kids (and even for me, really).

The Baby said it was his 'favorite meal ever' and that *I* could pick dessert. Thoughtful, but who said we were even having dessert? I'm still in charge around here, right? For the record I chose ice cream.

Teriyaki burgers recipe, here.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Lorraine @NotQuiteNigella said...

Hehe now I have the Malcolm in the Middle theme song in my head :P

Tuesday, March 16, 2010 3:46:00 AM  
Anonymous Woodsy said...

Awww! He's truly growing up :o( Jason is constantly protesting the fact that some people still call him "Baby Jason"!

Tuesday, March 16, 2010 10:22:00 AM  
Blogger gorillabuns said...

i'm impressed he spells so well!

for the record, i don't know how to spell commander.

Tuesday, March 16, 2010 3:19:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home