Thursday, April 29, 2010

And I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad, the dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had

O.G. read an article in the Times that said 'eating chocolate is linked to depression.' I say that's crap.

click to biggie size

If that's the case, then this is a depression bomb waiting to blow - a chocolate buttermilk cupcake, topped with a rich chocolate frosting, and while I'm at it, why not top that off with a mini chocolate cookie - with a hint of espresso and chocolate chips...?

Mmm, tasty, delicious depression.

Buttermilk Chocolate Cupcakes recipe, here.
mini Espresso Chip Cookies recipe, here.


Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My 7 year old daughter is reading over my shoulder. As I scrolled down the page and came to the photo of the cupcake, she said, "Ooooohhhhhh!" in a quiet but impressed sort of way. Like mother, like daughter.
-K

Friday, April 30, 2010 7:53:00 AM  
Blogger Sandra Dee said...

And I read an article that says chocolate is good for you:

http://health.yahoo.com/tips/3-new-health-benefits-of-eating-chocolate/realage--633000.html

My grandfather is a chocoholic - the darker the better - and I swear that's what kept him happy all these years....well, that and the cigars....

Either way - love your new OG cartoon! I'm PMS'ed & depressed, so I'll take a baker's dozen of these Depression Bomb Cupcakes, please.

Friday, April 30, 2010 7:56:00 AM  
Blogger Lorena said...

The article OG read was related to a recent study that found those that eat more chocolate were more depressed. But, as my statistics professor would always say, "correlation does not mean causation." So, depressed people could just be eating more chocolate in an effort to self-medicate themselves (the chemicals in chocolate release feel-good chemicals in the brain), as opposed to chocolate actually make them depressed.

Regardless, I say "gimme more chocolate!" That cupcake looks SO good. :-9

Friday, April 30, 2010 10:17:00 AM  
Anonymous cheryl said...

omg, that cupcake is insane.

Sunday, May 02, 2010 11:24:00 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

I absolutely LOVE looking through your recipes and blog, everything, including this delicious looking cupcake, always sounds SO yummy. And as a college student living in a dorm room, with limited access to a kitchen, I live vicariously through your cooking. Keep the food coming. :)

Tuesday, May 04, 2010 11:03:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home