Friday, April 23, 2010

And my life is just an image of a rollercoaster anyway

I bake when I'm stressed. Therefore I bake every. single. day.
It says so right on my business card.

So there are days of baking. Then there are the days when you never want to get out of bed. When everything seems to go wrong - and you just wish the stress and the tears would melt away. I've had way too many of those days lately.

That's when I don't just bake...

...I create my own baking happiness. How could you think about your problems when faced with something like this?

A Whipped Cream Cupcake, topped with Brown Sugar Ice Cream and homemade Caramel Syrup.

Absolute pure, delicious, unadulterated happiness. Am I telling you to eat away your problems? No. But sometimes a little over the top sweetness can really brighten your day.

Caramel Ice Cream Sundae Cupcake recipe, here.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your blog. It makes me smile....and hungry. But, I'm sorry to see that you have been feeling sad lately. Your blog brightens my day, so I am sending you a little something via email that I hope brightens your day.
:)

Friday, April 23, 2010 6:08:00 PM  
Blogger kate said...

I've had a really hard year too, and your blog is one of my bright spots. The biggest help for me has been Pema Chodron's book, When Things Fall Apart: Heart Advice for Difficult Times. It might be helpful on the days you can't even get out of bed. Much love your way. Kate

Saturday, April 24, 2010 8:20:00 AM  
Blogger L.A. Story said...

Wow, that looks amazing. I know this has been a hard year, but like Kate said, your blog is one of my bright spots, too. I wish I could bake, draw and craft like you. :)

Sunday, April 25, 2010 9:02:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home