Sunday, April 25, 2010

Bigmouth strikes again

Ever since waaayy back when I made DOMO cupcakes, I've been wanting to incorporate DOMO into food again. Yes, this is what keeps me up at night. So I sketched up some ideas and decided to run with this one...

That's right. Mini meatloaves that look like DOMO.

Don't ask me why, but I had visions of perfectly browned meatloaf with olive eyes. The fact that they had a brown sugar topping helped a lot with the color. For the mouths I used a piece of red bell pepper and yes, I hand cut all those tiny 1/8" teeth made of cheese, because I am ridiculous.

It was a perfect time to try them out since The Food Librarian was coming over for dinner and to help me with food photography cause I suck at it. Mostly I think she was just coming to play with the kids and their toys.

The meatloaves came out SO CUTE, however the one that we kept to photograph looks seriously drunk and irate. That's ok. His other DOMO friends were delicious.

mini DOMO meatloaves recipe, here.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Chessie said...

These are adorable! I love me some meatloaf!

Sunday, April 25, 2010 2:30:00 PM  
Anonymous Rachel said...

Seriously- the best ideas are the ones you come up with in the middle of the night. I bet the kids had fun devouring these!

Sunday, April 25, 2010 10:08:00 PM  
Blogger Sandra Dee said...

The "x"s on the olives where they were de-pitted make it look like it's The Final Moments of Domo.

Monday, April 26, 2010 7:19:00 AM  
Blogger kate said...

my 13-year-old boy is such a softie. he loves his stuffed animals. last year when he went to the mall with his friends he bought himself Domo. I just might have to make him these. so fun!

Monday, April 26, 2010 3:29:00 PM  
Blogger ljc said...

Genius! Pure hilarious, carnivorous genius!

Monday, April 26, 2010 4:40:00 PM  
Anonymous Ally said...

Oh, these are too awesome! Stellar idea!

Tuesday, April 27, 2010 5:10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home