Monday, April 12, 2010

Bone Thugs-n-Harmony

About a week ago O.G. fell and hurt herself pretty bad. She swore she was fine, but when I caught of glimpse of her - and saw her WHOLE LEFT chest was badly bruised - I forced her to go to the doctor. Lo and behold...she busted her clavicle. ~gag~

Her bones must be made out of molten steel, because she said she felt no pain at all and even refused all medication. Now she's down and out for 8 weeks. That's a long azz time. They said anyone else her age wouldn't have survived. I believe that.

So I've been doing her laundry, taking her to the market, etc. My reward for all this - she gave me a ham bone. THE ham bone. And I don't even eat ham!!

So I took that ol' ham bone and souped it up, so to speak.

The lesson in all of this - if you eat nothing but ham all the time, you will live to almost 100 and have bones of steel.

Ham Bone Soup recipe, here.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

You and O.G. are lucky to have each other. Take good care of her, I need more O.G. stories.

Tuesday, April 13, 2010 5:13:00 AM  
Blogger Rose said...

Heal fast, O.G.!!!

Tuesday, April 13, 2010 6:58:00 AM  
Anonymous GatorGirl said...

I'm so sorry to hear about O.G. I'm sending happy, healing thoughts her way!

Tuesday, April 13, 2010 6:36:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home