Wednesday, April 14, 2010

This charming man

The Baby is Mr. Popular lately and requests for playdates with HIM are coming fast and furious. I can barely keep up. The kid's got the charm I tell you what.

When I was a kid, we played outside everyday. Went to friends houses, out in the street, to the park. We didn't come home until the sun went down and no one knew where we were as long as we were home for dinner.

It's a whole different ballgame now. I never leave my kid's side and I don't really want to either. I can't imagine just sending the kid to someone's house for a few hours alone, not at this age. No, nowadays, unless you REALLY know the person - casual playdates always include...the parents.

Therefore you really have to be friends or become friends with these other mothers. While your kid is at their house for 2 hours you have to come up things to talk about. Making conversation with a semi-stranger can be....exhausting.



So for every playdate I always try to ease the awkwardness by bringing cupcakes. It's a conversation starter, a snack for the kids and really - how can you not make someone smile when you come in with a box of cupcakes?

And so the playdate scheduling continues. I'm not sure if they are all calling because they just want me to bring cupcakes over...nah, I'm pretty sure it's the Baby's charm.

Cranberry Cupcakes with Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting recipe, here.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger SAJ said...

Delicious cupcakes? Phoey! But can we get some playdates down here?

Thursday, April 15, 2010 9:06:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home