Thursday, April 15, 2010

When I think it would be nicer being red, or yellow or gold

There is a list on the internet of the "20 Most Inventive Cupcakes Known to Man." Guess who is number 19?!? My Coffee and Donuts Cupcakes! Very cool. Only the link is wrong so here's the actual link...
____________________

School mornings are so hectic, I feel like there is a clock breathing down my neck every second. That's why weekend mornings are pancake mornings.

I usually make a double batch, so that I have enough to freeze and then heat up during the week. Pancake after pancake can be so boring so I like to change it up and also get the kid's input for what they'd like to eat again in the future.

This week I looked at my plain, boring batter and decided to REALLY change it up. I added some matcha green tea powder which gave the color a punch...in the face. Wow was it green. And tasty! The matcha wasn't overwhelming, like with most baked goods it added just the right amount of flavor.

Regular old syrup seemed to sad for these bright pancakes, so I took some leftover strawberries from the farmer's market and make a quick compote. I like to pair strawberries and green tea for some reason, they seem to compliment each other.

The kids loved these and got a kick out of the color.

Green Tea Pancakes recipe, here.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Ally said...

Wow...those pancakes are fabulous! :)

Friday, April 16, 2010 9:20:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home