Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Danger is my middle name

I spend a lot of my days downtown, I am usually on the hunt for good food and fun for the kids. On this day, I found both fairly easily.
I had been craving pupusas. I eat them regularly but when you stay up at night to watch dvr'ed 'Best Thing I Ever Ate' suddenly that stuff gets stuck in your head. While you sleep. And dream. Dreaming of pupusas...

Mary Sue Milikin (yay) said the Best Thing she ever ate was Sarita's Pupusas. She is right. They are perfectly fluffy, filled with cheese, pork, chicken, whatever your heart's desire - and griddled up to a lovely little patty of love.

The curtido - basically a spicy slaw - is AMAZING. Just what you need to compliment the warm, lovingly made pupusa. Just look at that pile of masa! And all to be washed down with a cold Horchata.

While I go here quite often, on this trip location was key. The Kid was dying to ride anything 'train'-ish, and luckily Angel's Flight is directly across the street from Grand Central Market, so off we went.

The LAST TIME I rode Angel's Flight it was a total death trap, THIS time my kids were with me so it was going to be safe, right? Er. Sure. We put in our quarters, took off without a hitch, and did not die. Any fun day out that doesn't end in death is good, right? Hm. Maybe I should find less dangerous things to do next week...

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Darlene said...

I saw that episode too! I've been craving Sarita's Pupusas for several week's now.

Wednesday, May 19, 2010 8:26:00 AM  
Blogger Lorena said...

Pupusas sound SO good! Haven't had one in a loooong time. I think we should do a day trip up to Sarita's some time soon, Darlene. Or at least, let me live vicariously through your blog when you go! ;-)

Wednesday, May 19, 2010 11:59:00 AM  
Blogger The Nix Family said...

When I worked downtown, I used to eat those pupusas allll the time. I feel a downtown adventure coming on.

Wednesday, May 19, 2010 2:38:00 PM  
Blogger lilsprinkles said...

I'm going!!! I can't wait!

Wednesday, May 19, 2010 9:40:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home