Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Dreaming of me

I get asked a lot about how I come up with ideas for recipes. My dreams mostly. I usually sketch them out in tiny little drawings. Think about it a bit. Watch Oprah. Think some more. Go eat ice cream. Think. Draw again. Then finally...bake.

Sometimes it's a day, sometimes the creative process is a month. Usually because I've forgotten what I've drawn.

This was in the back of my mind for some time - a chocolate peanut butter frosting. I had planned to make it using a lovely peanut butter + melted chocolate combo, but I happened upon a jar of this bad boy:
The aptly named Dark Chocolate Dreams. I just substituted this for the PB in my regular Peanut Butter Frosting recipe. Way easier, and when it was all said and done, DELICIOUS. You just can't beat that combination. I used it to frost a bunch of Banana Cupcakes and I think the flavors worked out perfectly.

Now back to sleeping to think up more recipes. Or at least catch up on Oprah.

Chocolate Peanut Butter frosting recipe, here.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Peeved Michelle said...

Do you take requests? Can you come up with a recipe for peanut butter banana cookies. I have been dreaming about them for years but, as I mentioned before, I am a terrible baker, so improvising doesn't usually work out well for me.

(P.S. I am making your strawberry green tea matcha cupcakes this weekend.)

Thursday, May 13, 2010 9:29:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home