Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Michael:...my gift-white chocolate bark.
Stanley: Nobody likes that stuff except for you.
Michael: They wouldn't make it unless people liked it.

Told you I was on a melted chocolate kick. Apples, Legos, nothing is safe in this house.

I like to go through my pantry once in a while just to assess what can stay and what needs to go. Why I'm holding on to a pack of 'SPAM-on-the-go' I have no idea. Where am I going? Do I need Spam?

There are some things that I just don't like to let sit around, nuts, dried fruits, while they are all pretty well preserved, I still don't like to keep them around long once they are opened. Since I was on a chocolate melting extravaganza, I decided to make up some bark.

There is something so simple and organic about melting chocolate and seeing what you can do with it. I let the Kid raid the pantry and top the chocolate with whatever he wanted. He loves pepitas and eats them almost everyday, so that was a no brainer. Followed by pecans (my idea) and then some craisins.

The colors came out quite beautifully and the fun part was breaking the heck out of it, of course. The combination of nuts, fruit and salty pepitas was perfect. I wrapped some up for the kid's teachers and...um, ate the rest. Yes indeed, this stuff is so good it's best to get it out of house and give it away as soon as possible.

Chocolate Bark recipe, here.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

can you believe that i've never thought to try this? and i bake a lot! trying this!! thanks!!

Friday, May 28, 2010 9:53:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home