Monday, May 17, 2010

Queen: This is a magic wishing apple.
Snow White: A wishing apple?
Queen: Yes. One bite, and all your dreams will come true.

I have a new obsession. It's with chocolate. I have about 4lbs of Belgian Callebaut chocolate and I'm not afraid to use it. It's like Augustus Gloop heaven over here, at any given time - anything can be dipped in chocolate.

Last week was the Kid's Teacher Appreciation week (the Baby's is this week, of course. Why they aren't at the same time, I don't know. To make me crazy?) and I wanted to make the teachers a nice small treat. Small being the optimal word here...

You know those candy apples that are bigger than your head? Yeah...these are the opposite of that. I found these apples at the Farmer's Market when I went with the Kid - I was drawn to them because they were impossibly tiny. 1-1/2 inches in diameter if that. I just knew I wanted to dip them in chocolate.

They came out perfectly and we wrapped them up for the teachers afternoon snack. I'm sure they wondered where I got a miniature-ization machine...

MINI Chocolate dipped apples recipe, here.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger AccordingToAngela.com said...

those turned out great! we used small apples in my classroom when we did a "bakery" theme during Valentine's day, and the children loved dipping them in caramel. unfortunately, we don't have a farmer's market nearby, but trader joe's sells them too, so we still get to enjoy their tiny cuteness!

Tuesday, May 18, 2010 1:19:00 PM  
Blogger dapotato said...

so freakin' cute.

Tuesday, May 18, 2010 9:38:00 PM  
Blogger Yum-e said...

Adorable!

Thursday, May 20, 2010 9:16:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home