Thursday, May 27, 2010

Security: You’re choosing a sandwich over a guy. That’s less clichéd.
Liz Lemon: I can do it! I can have it all!

I am the Cupcake Fairy. When I drive around Los Angeles to deliver cupcakes and you happen to be along my route? You just may get a cupcake.

See, when I have to make 50+ baby shower, 70+ wedding, 100+ birthday cupcakes, I always make about a dozen extra. It's a lot more work but I am such a perfectionist, I just don't want a single ugly/wrong/malformed one to go out the door. So the leftovers usually make their way around the city to friends on my drop off or...

I try to think of new ways to reinvent them. That's how I decided to make an ice cream sandwich...out of a cupcake! It's great because they keep well in the freezer and really, who doesn't need a little treat for themselves in the middle of the night?

So easy to do, and maybe if you're really good - the Cupcake Fairy will leave one under your pillow. Though that's pretty disgusting, actually...what a mess.

Ice Cream Cupcake Sandwich recipe, here.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really need to stop reading your blog at this time of day. It almost always results in a late-night food craving. And I don't have any ice cream cupcake sandwiches in my freezer. Woe is me : (

Thursday, May 27, 2010 10:22:00 PM  
Blogger Margie said...

Reading the post early in the morning doesn't help either.

YUM though!

Friday, May 28, 2010 5:31:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sad I don't live on your route. But if you're ever traveling to Chicago . . .
Editdebs

Friday, May 28, 2010 10:05:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home