Wednesday, May 12, 2010

the TONG song

Since O.G.'s accident I've been going to her house once a week to help. I do her laundry, make her bed, but mostly - drive her around. Wherever she needs to go - to the doctor, to get her hair done, shopping - we do it ALL on that day.

It must suck to not leave the house, so I feel for her and take her to do whatever she wants to do. Last week - she needed tongs.
I assume this was because of the Rib Taste Test, but you never know with her. We stopped at a random restaurant supply store - the place was CRAZY. Floor to ceiling dishes and utensils - things I never knew existed.

The 'tongs' aisle was massive. And true to form she took FOREVER to make a decision. The mini tongs or the industrial tongs? Plastic or metal? How does EACH ONE FEEL IN MY HAND, omg kill me. As I waited for TONGS DECISION 2010, I fooled around in the aisles.

I found a giant rice paddle I mean huge, bigger than my head. Who needs that...ever? It looked like a boat paddle. I wanted to get it for the kids to use in the bathtub.

Then I found the coolest thing ever. A giant ladle. We are talking 32 ounces - aka 4 cups - in one big azz ladle. I begged her to buy it for me - she was still looking at tongs. I danced in the aisle and used it as an umbrella - she ignored me. I wore it as a hat - she kept looking at tongs.

In the end she bought 4 pairs of 59 cent tongs - for those keeping track at home that's about $2 for one hour of my life. Turns out they WERE for the Rib Taste Test:
But she still refused to get me the gigantor ladle. Sad. I've got to go back and get it. I need an umbrella.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Nanette said...

Now I'm singing TONG, TA-TA-TA-TONG

Wednesday, May 12, 2010 2:48:00 PM  
Anonymous Hilary said...

Where is this store?? I want to go!

Wednesday, May 12, 2010 4:52:00 PM  
Blogger susbro said...

I LOVE that ladle photo. awesome.

Thursday, May 13, 2010 8:56:00 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Thank you for always making me laugh! I needed that!

Thursday, May 13, 2010 9:30:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home