Monday, June 07, 2010

boxing day

While my everyday obsession with cleaning is already out of control, right now I am determined to do a massive Spring Cleaning of the kids toys. Remember what happened last time I went nuts like this? This time I gave the kids fair warning and had them help out. So I piled EVERYTHING into the middle of the floor and weeded through it all one...by one. Going through six years worth of toys was no easy task.

I lined up a bunch of empty bins and asked the Kid to make me some signs to organize the toys. He came back in less than a minute with fully written out signs WITH pictures (my guess is to help his brother out, who is not quite on the same reading level). Ah, what an organizer - he is such a little mini-me.

Once I had it all labeled it was time to separate. It felt good to have all 12 Batmans in one place for a change - and it felt REAL good to get rid of a giant bag of old toys. For some reason it made me way sadder than it should have, to get rid of the baby things and realize that the kids have moved on.

Speaking of moving on, it also means a year of What Would Yoda Eat is over and done with. Go HERE to take a look back at some of his lunches. Goodbye Yoda, see you in First Grade.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Darlene said...

I don't see any Heroclix in the pile. Were there any Batgirls in the pile to give away?

Tuesday, June 08, 2010 6:41:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greetings & Salutations-

GoodGolly, the Kid is pure comedy...I absolutely LOVE his drawing on the middle box marked, "FIGURES"! If I am correct, it's INDIANA JONES- complete with hat, whip, and the GIANT rolling rock of DOOM! GENIUS...
PAX,
Lola from Las Vegas

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 2:17:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home