Wednesday, June 30, 2010

My favorite snack, is fruit fresh and cool, I love it in the mornin' and even better after school!

How do I know it's summer? The farmer's markets are PACKED.

The Baby loves the farmer's market cause he can eat his fill of samples. The boy is a baby fruit bat. Meat is his fave, sure - but fruit is where it's at, especially in summer.

His beloved pluots are back - watermelon, fruit punch, cinnamon and his favorite: DINOSAUR PLUOTS.

I can't bring myself to make anything with those summer fruits - they are just too delicious on their own. I did buy some nice juicy lemons though - wow were they fragrant. I used them to make up a Julia Child recipe, but in cupcake form, of course.

While I picked my perfect lemons, O.G. picked over the asparagus while the Baby made himself at home as king of the free samples. So much for lunch, I guess.

Lemon Zest Cupcakes recipe, here.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Marie said...

Mmm...there is nothing better than some lovely fresh fruit in the summer. The smells, he tastes! Glad you are enjoying The Farmers Markets. Our local market is tomm morning - perhaps I will stop by!

Thursday, July 01, 2010 9:39:00 AM  
Blogger dapotato said...

love that your little fruit bat has a batman shirt on.

Thursday, July 01, 2010 10:22:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home