Friday, August 13, 2010

double trouble

I don't think I have ever seen...

chikara mochi

...mochi as beautiful as this.

(apple shaped mochi, grape mochi, coffee mochi, cherry shaped mochi.)

That is truly an art. As a mochi connisseur, I am 100% a Sakuraya devotee, but lately, I've been going just ONE BLOCK DOWN to Chikara mochi, too. All these years of mochi eating, and I never even knew it was there!

But I don't have to choose. I WON'T CHOOSE. I pledge the mochi allegiance. Now when I am in the neighborhood I go to...both. Be still my mochi-lovin' heart.

Chikara Mochi
16108 S Western Ave
Gardena, CA 90247

Sakuraya
16134 S Western Ave
Gardena, CA 90247

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

Last February on my yearly trip to LA I took your advice to try out Sakuraya but it was closed when I got there. boo. Next year I now have two reasons to make the drive into Gardena.
Wheee!! This New Yorker totally can't wait.
(got any tips for NYC mochi?)
-alsoJenn

Sunday, August 15, 2010 7:52:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home