Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Drop it like it's hot

The Lemon Fairy. I thought she only visited once a year but she snuck onto my doorstep disguised as the TOMATO Fairy.

These are luscious little presents of happy goodness. You think Farmer's market tomatoes are good? They can't hold a candle to ones grown in your own back yard. These are sweet, delicious - the most flavorful tomatoes you will ever eat.

There were so many options of what I could do with them, but since I was in cupcake hell (i.e. baking and baking and baking) I knew I wouldn't have time to think about dinner. So I rummaged through my pantry and pulled out a bunch of ingredients. That is how this amazingly tasty dinner all came together inside of my crock pot.

Warm and flavorful, it really hit the spot after a long day of baking. The Veggie Fairy is smart. She knows I can't resist what is left on my doorstep and she knows I REFUSE to waste. sigh. I hope she turns into a Donut Fairy. I'm tired of baking.

Stewed Chicken and Tomatoes in the crock pot recipe, here.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Lupe said...

Serving it WYSIWYG sans the chicken would have been delicious as well.

Sunday, September 05, 2010 10:17:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home