Sunday, August 15, 2010

I'm the greatest, something like Ali in his prime

When I was flipping through my VERY OLD Hawaii cookbooks I found something called "Ono Chili." In Hawaii they use the word 'ono' to describe something just over the top YUM. I was hard pressed to believe that it was that good - good enough that they could just flat out call it that? Come on.

I took a look at the ingredients and it sounded...ok. Not great. Then I looked closer and realized there were NO MEASUREMENTS. What. Now I really had to make it just so I could figure out for myself 1) was this chili really 'onolicious' and 2) how the heck could I cobble it together??

So I went to work and changed and added a few things and wrote down actual measurements for the ingredients and lo and behold it was...ONOLICIOUS. Beyond onolicious it was soon to become my go to chili because it just had so much great flavor, I couldn't wait to make it again!

So now if I ever happen to develop a recipe that I feel should proclaim itself to be beyond amazing, I'm just going to go ahead and add that to the title like they did. Look out for WORLD'S GREATEST PIECE OF PIE and I'D KILL A MAN FOR THIS MEATLOAF...coming soon to my new cookbook.

Onolicious Chili recipe, here.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger msdina said...

I've come across so many recipes on alohaworld.com that have no measurements. Cracks me up! how come you don't have LIKE buttons on your recipes lol. FB has really messed me up w that stuff. Luckily I have some frozen pocho sausages... chili shall be in the works soon, too bad only 3 out of my 5 household members will eat it. *sigh*

Monday, August 16, 2010 7:47:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home