Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Like buttah

Tonight (Wednesday) is my event at the Comic Bug! I'm very excited and I've been making cupcakes like crazy: Red Velvet cupcakes and Ovaltine cupcakes to be exact. (sneak peek, here.)

It will also be the debut of my series "Superheroes and Sweets" - which is based on whatever pairing THE BABY comes up with, so you know it's going to be...good.

Having the Baby at home with me all day has proven to be helpful to both of us. I feed and cloth him and he acts as my Creative Director, feeling totally free to tell me exactly what works and what doesn't. Think of a 36 inch tyrant telling you that you've picked the wrong Pantone color.

ANYWAY. For the Superheroes and Sweets series we've been on the same page most of the time, save for his insistence that Phoenix eats butter. What. Suddenly she's the Paula Deen of the Marvel Universe.

While it would be funny to draw, it also grosses me out. So we're working on that one. But the first two: Batman + Cupcake and Wolverine + Donuts are finished! Also regarding this series, I got a really nice write up on Geek Gloss!

If you are in the L.A. area, stop by and say hi!

August 4 5pm-8pm
The Comic Bug
1807-1/2 Manhattan Beach Blvd.
Manhattan Beach, CA
(facebook invite, here.)

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Sandra Dee said...

Phoenix + butter = some comic dude's dream come true....

Looking forward to more pairings....Is Prince Namor a vegetarian? Does Green Lantern like Junior Mints?

Good luck with that new Creative Director!

Wednesday, August 04, 2010 8:50:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home