Thursday, August 05, 2010

Look! Up in the sky!

Wow - the Comic Bug event was a HUGE success! I got to see so many friends and meet lots of new people. Thanks to everyone who came out and hopefully the Bug got a lot of new customers too!

The cupcakes were the star of the show - the most popular being...

...Phoenix! Everyone loved that cupcake! I didn't want to go with a typical Wonder Woman for a female Superhero so Phoenix was it - and I think the fanboys;/fangirls appreciated it. Sadly, Green Lantern didn't do so hot. Not one of them went. Poor, poor Green Lantern.

O.G. showed up - the minute she walked in the door she was recognized, I guess because she looks just like the pictures I've drawn of her all these years - or...what the hell is a 90 year old woman doing in a comic book shop? Hilarious. People were so excited to meet her and she couldn't figure out why...!

It was a great event and I'd love to do it again! But not too soon, I need to recover from hand carving all those Superhero cupcakes...

Superhero cupcakes how-to, here.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Rose said...

Awesome cupcakes and cool photos of your setup in the store.

Friday, August 06, 2010 8:44:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

So sorry I missed it, but so happy it went so well for you! Hopefully next time...

Tuesday, August 10, 2010 9:31:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home