Sunday, August 29, 2010

What's the story morning glory?
You need a little time to wake up.

Shh. Do you hear that wooshing? It's the sound of my life fast forwarding. This week - it's a big week. Not only does the Kid start 1st grade but wait for it...THE BABY STARTS KINDERGARTEN. What. Hang on to your hats and glasses.

It's all happening so fast, it's sorta snuck up on me. I feel so unprepared...

I mean mentally unprepared. Prep-wise I've already got the backpacks.

I've been training them all week to get up early. Not going so well. The Baby is NOT a morning person and the Kid has had his first taste of 'summer' and there's no going back. So I have to coax them out of bed somehow...

I made cream cheese filled pancakes for the Kid and that really did the trick. What would you do for a Klondike bar? More like what would you do for cheese. Up at the crack of dawn. The Baby - not so cooperative. So I had to go another route, and that route was meat.

Just look at him - he loves that bacon so much he's practically kissing it. I guess I'll have to pave the road to school in bacon - a la Hansel & Gretel - just to get him there.

Cream Cheese filled Pancakes recipe, here.
Maple Syrup Bacon recipe, here.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

Fresh, homemade breakfast! Your boys are so lucky.

Sunday, August 29, 2010 11:41:00 AM  
Blogger sally said...

Moms can never be prepared for sending off their little guys to the big bad world. And this too shall pass..
Thinking of them all day with worry turns into: wow they are home already!
Lucky them to have you as a Mom who knows what is needed to get them up and off, and that they have each other.

Monday, August 30, 2010 5:26:00 AM  
Anonymous Kirbie said...

Your kids are so lucky to wake up to such yummy breakfasts.

Monday, August 30, 2010 10:31:00 AM  
Blogger The Daily Randi said...

Great. Now I feel Old because The Baby is starting Kindergaten. I mean, he is THE BABY!

xoxo,
TDR

Monday, August 30, 2010 11:36:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home