Tuesday, August 10, 2010

You grew sun blind you thought me unkind, to remind you how winter kills

I am not complaining, I PROMISE. But this cool summer weather is throwing me for a loop. I am used to sweating and being angry and shaking my fist at the sun in August. But it's a mild, lovely - dare I say a perfect summer. I know I've just cursed myself.

This cold weather (60s and 70s) means I haven't been in the mood for many summer foods. I feel like I'm forcing myself to get into the spirit. So I made a little mini indoor cookout with MINI burgers of course.

Not wanting to do just plain burgers, I kicked these up a bit with the help of Sweet Chili Sauce. I had a huge azz bottle leftover from the last time I made lumpia - and what do you know, it went GREAT inside the burgers.

As summer comes to an end it makes me a little sad that these kids are growing up. That was until the Baby snuck up on me in the middle of the night with a baseball bat and Dracula fangs. Yeah. I'm ready for school to start.

Sweet Chili Sauce Burgers recipe, here.


Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Babs said...

Love that song! Love that entire album!

Tuesday, August 10, 2010 9:20:00 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Come to the Valley! We've had 80s, 90s, even some low 100s...yes, mildest summer I can remember in my nearly 16 years here. 60s and 70s sound downright lovely, not cold though. Maybe it's the wind?

Tuesday, August 10, 2010 9:26:00 PM  
Anonymous Giles said...

Wow, there is really much useful info here!
see that

Saturday, December 24, 2011 11:44:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home