Monday, September 06, 2010

Hot summer streets and the pavements are burning, I sit around
Trying to smile but the air is so heavy and dry

The last day of summer is September 21, but if you ask me - it's Labor Day. Your last chance to jam pack your three day weekend with as much activities as possible until it bursts.

There were playdates in the park, water play, pinatas and pool parties. But due to the recent near-death-drowning experience that the Baby had, where I had to jump in fully clothed and save him (Let's not relive that) his party rsvps now consist of 'OH GOD THEY HAVE A POOL, NOOOO!.' So now he mostly passes on the pools and goes for the parties. The food of course.

For me the end of summer means catching up. Lots more recipes to work on, and lots of new cupcakes - oh the cupcakes. I'm having one more event this summer this time at Handmade Galleries L.A. on Saturday September 18 from 11-2. Lots of stationery and lots of cupcakes!

And so with all this cupcake experimentation I turn to summer fruits. Nothing says summer like watermelon - not real watermelon, crazy. I don't know why I love food that looks like other food, but I took my vanilla cupcake, tinted it pink, added some mini choco chips and green frosting and there you have it. A faux mini watermelon cupcake that doesn't look like watermelon at all but hey is still super cute, am I right? Whew. Goodbye summer.

Watermelon cupcakes recipe, here.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous feefifoto said...

Aren't those cute! They look just like little watermelons.

Thursday, September 09, 2010 5:13:00 PM  
Anonymous Ernest said...

Here, I do not actually imagine it may work.
Juegos De Vestir a Novias | graduation announcements wording samples | debt counselors

Wednesday, December 14, 2011 4:21:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home