Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Ninja, please

Did you know Halloween is coming? Well it is, so deal with it. I'm with Cher, if I could turn back time...well, I'd hang onto summer just a bit longer. Stop pushing me into winter, retailers!

The Baby has decided unequivocally, without a doubt, that he is going to be Darth Maul for Halloween. What. Can you imagine anything scarier than a 40" Darth Maul running at you begging for candy? Yeesh. I'm trying to talk him out of it.

Lately he has been on a ninja kick, so I've been trying to convince him that's a good route. Aaand not just because it'd be way cheaper for me to put together. Ahem.

Subliminal messages is how I'm going to get this done - subliminal messages through food.

I made up some rice balls and using a cute punch that my friend brought me back from Japan - I made up a little ninja for my Little Ninja.

I don't think it's working since I just found him rummaging through the drawers looking for batteries for his lightsaber...

Salmon+Furikake rice balls recipe, here.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger lilsprinkles said...

my son too! he has not changed his mind so i think he's sticking to it. are you gonna make or buy his costume? haha! oh, i can't wait to see pictures of your son!

Tuesday, September 14, 2010 2:20:00 PM  
Anonymous AmyG said...

My son also wanted to be Darth Mull! I am so not crafty and the costume/light saber is a fortune so I am going to bribe for the Darth Vader costume I found at a garage sale for $2! If you end up putting together a Darth Mull, I cannot wait to see pics!

Wednesday, September 15, 2010 8:41:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home