Friday, November 12, 2010

Small Gift

A few months ago I got a call from Sanrio, asking if I had any vintage product. Me? I may hate clutter but there's one thing I never throw away and that's Hello Kitty related items.
They were in luck because I had things in pristine condition from the 1970's and 80's That I've kept for the past 30 years.

Turns out they were putting together a book to celebrate 50 Years of Sanrio. It was an amazing collection of vintage pieces from Sanrio lovers just like me.
To celebrate they are having pop up events throughout the country and right here in L.A. they are having ongoing events at Barker Hangar in Santa Monica for the next week. I attended the opening night party, complete with food trucks, cream puffs, carnival games and celebrities! (recap here) I'm telling you, it's amazing.

You only have til November 21st, so go visit the Small Gift L.A. event before it closes!!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Nomsnotbombs said...

Did they photograph or borrow any of your stuff for the book??

Friday, November 12, 2010 10:02:00 AM  
Anonymous justJENN said...

Yes! I gave them some stuff and it was featured pretty prominently in the book. I had an Eddy and Emmy desk dresser from Japan, as well as an original camera that took 110 film - I haven't touched it in 30 years so it was in perfect working condition!

Friday, November 12, 2010 10:11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home