Thursday, December 16, 2010

Daytripper

"Is it Christmas yet? Is it Christmas yet? How about now? Is it Christmas yet?" Why, oh why did I want these kids to learn how to talk?

I get it, the anticipation of it, it's not coming fast enough - but man, I've been looking at xmas items at Target since October so forgive me for being a little over it.

So I decided to make my own advent calendar. Yes you can just go buy them on the cheap and there's chocolate inside, but it seems sugar just may add fuel to the 'IS IT TIME YET OMG'...fire. Instead I made one for the kids that has doors opening to their absolute fave geeky pop culture characters. I'm raising my kids on the universal religion of Star Wars, don't you know.

To start, I printed out different boxes with countdown of numbers, 12 days to xmas. I cut THREE sides, top, right and bottom:

and then SCORED the fourth (left) side with a bone folder:

Then I printed a similar sheet of just images that fit right behind the back:
I double stick taped the image sheet to the 'door' sheet and here's where the fun comes in:

Christmas is not complete without BATMAN.

The Baby's all time favorite Huntress. Don't ask.

I just thought Wolverine freakin' the heck out would be a nice Christmas surprise behind door number 10.

Finally, our old friend Bully behind door number 6. He encourages us to read and be better people.

The kids get a kick of seeing what's behind each door everyday. If you want to print your own sheet of advent doors, I've loaded the pdf up here. Happy holidays!

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Bully said...

OH WOW I have never been on an advent calendar! Thank you thank you thank you!

Also: is it Christmas yet?

Thursday, December 16, 2010 8:51:00 PM  
Blogger L.A. Story said...

Very cool! And more nutritious than the usual chocolate. :)

Friday, December 17, 2010 4:17:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so cute!

i think you guys might need this: http://www.perpetualkid.com/yumbot-robot-cupcake-molds.aspx

Saturday, December 18, 2010 8:08:00 PM  
Blogger Agent B said...

I love this! Too right Christmas is not complete without Batman!

Wednesday, December 22, 2010 9:21:00 PM  
Anonymous Robert said...

Very effective piece of writing, thanks for your post.
business casual women | how to scan | painful first anal

Wednesday, January 25, 2012 11:50:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home