Friday, December 24, 2010

Mister postman look and see, if there's a letter in your bag for me

Christmas is no longer important. Ok, wait. What I mean is, Christmas is not a big deal anymore. Hm. What I'm trying to say is, Christmas used to be a huge event. Don't get me wrong, I love the holidays, but things have changed. I don't know if I'm getting older or the holiday itself has become something different over time. I'm sure most of it has to do with the fact that there won't be as many family members all in one place this year, so Christmas has taken on an 'eh'.

O.G. has come to a decision regarding Christmas for her and me...and that is to just do whatever we want, and whoever is there, is there and whatever happens, happens. That's a nice way of glossing over the negative. But it's a nice way of dealing with life too. Things haven't been easy lately and going with the flow has become a necessity.

It doesn't mean I can't have a little bit of fun tho - I got her the GREATEST PRESENT IN THE HISTORY OF PRESENTS. Well, not really, but I thought they were pretty swell. I never thought much of those 'put your kids picture on postage and then mail it'...stamps, but then when I realized I could put her O.G. cartoon face on it, well! That. Changes. Everything.

O.G. is an avid stamp collector, see. So a very cool personalized present, for the woman who has saved my life on many an occasion. Here's to you old lady. Well, until the stamp price goes up, then this gift is pretty lame.


Custom Stamps from Zazzle.com

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

O.G. rocks! You are so lucky to have her in your life.

Friday, December 24, 2010 7:13:00 AM  
Blogger Darlene said...

O.G. wil l love these stamps. She'll be collecting mini versions of her!

Friday, December 24, 2010 7:42:00 AM  
Anonymous Anna said...

Can I borrow O.G.? Ask her if she wants to come live with me in Texas for a few days. Todd's an avid stamp collector too.

Friday, December 24, 2010 10:40:00 AM  
Blogger dapotato said...

best use of zazzle i've seen.

Friday, December 24, 2010 10:52:00 AM  
Blogger Jen14221 said...

Awesome stamps, even better than the Maisy ones from a few years ago. Merry Christmas, Jenn!

Friday, December 24, 2010 8:05:00 PM  
Blogger The Food Librarian said...

I love these!!! Merrrry Christmas to your clan. See you tomorrow! - mary

Saturday, December 25, 2010 11:08:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home