Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Rain, rain go away

Thanks to my homie Tricia, I saw the front page of the L.A. Times this morning and I just had to see it for myself. Polliwog Park was underwater. Seeing as how this park is up the street from my favorite comic book shop, my kids have played there quite often.

Los Angeles has been having ridiculous amounts of rain, more than I can ever remember, but I never realized just how much until today. So I drove out to there to take a look. Look at how dark the skies are - that's only at 10am!
The park was...a lake. I mean, there was already a lake there but it was about 15 feet down from the street - now, the park is nothing BUT lake.

That right there...is the TOP of the kids swing set. Yikes. And at the rate this rain is going, I think the tops of those trees will be goners by nightfall.
I wasn't the only crazy person out looky-looing, the whole beach community from the north to the south of Los Angeles just 'had to see it for themselves'. Nothing like a natural disaster to bring us all together.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Jodi said...

CRA-ZEEE!

Tuesday, December 21, 2010 7:03:00 PM  
Blogger Rose said...

I'm pretty sure I swam at Polliwog Park when I was a kid (I grew up in Carson and Redondo Beach)! Wow, hard to imagine how much rain you are getting.

Tuesday, December 21, 2010 10:19:00 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Wow. There is nothing like a visual to express to someone, "No, really, we're getting a lot of rain."

Wednesday, December 22, 2010 10:13:00 AM  
Blogger Koco & Viking said...

Insanity, huh?! Can't believe all the flooding we got in the South Bay.

Glad we found your blog. We loves it! South Bay, represent! ha ha.

best,
koco & viking
kocoandviking.blogspot.com

Tuesday, January 04, 2011 9:12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home