Sunday, December 12, 2010

We hate it when our friends become successful

It's that time of year, time for...a gift guide! I will put a disclaimer on this saying that all of these people are my friends. Nothing makes me happier than supporting indie artists and I am very lucky to know such talented people.

I know Target's prices are awfully low (says me, the Crazy Coupon Lady) but for a unique amazing gift, please - buy indie this holiday season!



Bonnin Designs - Pet Portraits (info here)
I don't have pets, but my friends who do...LOVE THEM like no other. I can understand. Shari does these amazing pet portraits using your very own photos on painted wrapped canvas. A true work of art to honor your furry bff.





Cool Jerk (info here)
Paul Horn writes the web/print comic Cool Jerk. It's a hilarious read full of great characters, and he truly a very talented artist. You can buy the whole collection of books online (here), but I have to say I'm partial to the 'JERK' shirt, because damn if that isn't the funniest thing.





Beastlies (info here)
My partner in crime for four just days out of the year, Leslie and I have sat next to each other at SDCC for years. I have watched her make these little creatures and it takes true talent and patience. There is no better gift than a hand sculpted tiny piece of art. These sell out as quickly as she puts them up, so keep an eye out...





Conduct Happiness (info here)
Joe is another great artist who I see every year at SDCC - and their 'Pea' stuff ALWAYS is a top seller. Adorable shirts and baby clothes, but now they have a book about...peeing. Dear lord, they've stolen my heart. It even comes with a potty training chart!!





Lil Sprinkles
(info here)
The Lil Sprinkles sisters are blowing up, ya'll. Soon they'll be too popular to talk to me because they were just featured in InStyle magazine! They're custom dolls are adorable and make perfect gifts. They are no longer taking custom orders for the season, but they might have a few dolls left - check for shop updates...




Plastique (info here)
I love that these tiny little works of art can bring me so much joy when I look down at my hands. Perfectly carved pieces of words, cityscapes, art - you name it. All at a GREAT price point. You better hurry though, she's closing up shop soon for the holidays!!





The Art of Ben Walker (info here)
I have to tell you, my friends and I - we are BIG Ben Walker fans. Of the man and the clothing. I have a bunch of his art, but it's his shirts that are super comfy and so unique. Everytime I wear one I'm always asked where I got it. He recently launched his t-shirt line: Snake Oil Clothing. Just look at these convincing models - how can you NOT buy one??





justJENN designs (info here)
Ok fine, it's me. But I will tell you my big seller this time a year is personalized stationery. ESPECIALLY for those of you with friends with oddly spelled names...you know who you are...

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Shari said...

Aww, Jenn! Friends with benefits. I love it. Thanks for putting my pet portraits in your gift guide amongst such cool talented artists. They really are great gifts!

Sunday, December 12, 2010 7:08:00 AM  
Blogger Ben Walker said...

Jenn! Thanks for including me in your Christmas gift guide! and for getting that Morrissey song stuck in my head!

Sunday, December 12, 2010 9:02:00 AM  
Blogger lilsprinkles said...

sweet and thoughtful as always! thanks so much :) hope you did well at unique and was able to use the restroom!

Sunday, December 12, 2010 7:55:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home