Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Go read a book you illiterate son of a bitch and step up your vocab

It's funny how my bedside reading this week sums me up so completely.

Jay-Z.
French Cooking.
Wolverine.


Yup. That's me in a nutshell.


Jay-Z's Decoded
I need to preface this by saying I am WestCoast4Life, but...I love Jay-Z. I love rap. I listen to it while I write, design and it is a part of my whole creative process. It's emotions and stories and culture. It's important. Plus Tupac is alive and well and you know it.


I Know How to Cook by Ginette Mathiot
A 1000 page guide to French home cooking? Yes, please. Seeing as how I was going to major in French but then chose architecture, and now...cook (odd) - this book was calling me, if not for the gorgeously minimalist 1950's illustrations. I am slowly pouring over every...single...page.


Wolverine and Jubilee
First of all, let me say I think Kathryn Immonen is fantastic, so my mind was made up about buying this title before it was even complete. Secondly - I love Wolverine. Not the comic, not the movie, not Hugh Jackman. No, I love Wolverine - specifically...his fashion sense.

I often joke that if I ever had a tv show/podcast - I would enlist my friend @SarahKuhn to host a show with me purely on Marvel fashion, yet I would probably only talk about Wolverine. Why Sarah? Because she is the only one I know who would LISTEN to me talk about Wolverine's clothes for hours...because she has. Don't get me started.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous xenia said...

it thrills me that you love hip hop

Wednesday, January 26, 2011 8:54:00 AM  
Blogger joyce said...

Don't you just love reading cookbooks? I have way too many but I just keep buying them if they catch my eye! I'm saving money now that the Borders near my work closed...but working at a publishing company I take too many home.

Wednesday, January 26, 2011 10:36:00 AM  
Anonymous Autumn said...

X-Men pooch, just saying... Anyone looks good in a wolverine costume from 20 feet away.

Wednesday, January 26, 2011 1:59:00 PM  
Blogger Bully said...

Wolverine's so cool he's got your back even if you've become a vampire and none of your old friends trust you anymore. That's how Wolverine rolls.

Wednesday, January 26, 2011 4:39:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home