Tuesday, January 11, 2011

I scream, you scream

If you follow me on twitter or facebook, you will find I've been eating a lot of ice cream lately, and I already eat a lot of ice cream so that's saying something. One of my favorite places to go is Scoops. I used to go to the L.A. location owned by Tai Kim, still a great place, if I'm on that side of town, but now - Scoops Westside has opened up, er - on the Westside, obviously.

What makes Scoops so different, and so L.A. is that the flavors are unique, local and in season. The flavors change daily - this is a BIG problem for my kids. This ain't 31 Flavas, once that Oreo Cheesecake runs out, it may not be back for a while. This enrages The Baby.

A single scoop is actually two flavors (confused?) for $2.75. If I'm with the kids I go for the FOUR mini flavors - shown here:

Rice Cheesecake, Cinnamon Cashew, Coconut Thai Iced Tea, Pistachio Poppyseed. Don't let the odd combinations scare you, the choices they make are flavorful, perfect and are amazing in every way.

Ricotta Marsala Oreo, White Chocolate Kahlua, Salted Chocolate, are a few I've tried, but my favorite is on the store's best known: Brown Bread ice cream. It's a Dulce de Leche ice cream, mixed with Grape Nuts cereal and a hint of caramel. Best part, it's almost always in stock - however, Scoops is so popular most flavors sell out before 9pm every night! The store also sells my fave coffee, Intelligentsia. I should just bring a bed and sleep here already, this is heaven.

Perhaps what I like best about the Westside location is that it was opened by a blogger: Matthew Kang of Mattatouille. A food blogger taking a passion to the next level. That's something to be proud of.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger joyce said...

wow...

Tuesday, January 11, 2011 7:56:00 PM  
Anonymous P. said...

Thai Iced Tea, I love! *Your FB link is broke. :(

Wednesday, January 12, 2011 9:21:00 PM  
Anonymous Damon said...

Gosh, there is a great deal of useful information above!
Montreal airport | secretary sex video | fringe dress

Wednesday, January 25, 2012 2:01:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home