Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Double your money and make a stack. On to the next one, on to the next one

Money's tight, yo. And people are always asking me how I save. I'm no expert, but here's a little insight into a recent trip I took to Target. Extreme Couponing? That's totally my bag. Although I don't buy things like 128 toothbrushes, I do buy PRACTICAL things I actually use.

First I go online to see if there are any printable coupons. I compare it to my shopping list and print the ones that are on my list. We all know how a 'quick' Target trip can turn into $100 gone. Planning is best.

Yes - that is me and my zillion coupons heading into the store. All I can say is, don't get behind me in line, sucka.

First of all, I try to bring my own bags because Target gives you 5 cents off for every one you bring - already you're ahead.

On this particular trip I wanted to try out the Target UP&UP brand Ibuprofen, comparable to Advil. I get a lot of headaches, man. At just $1.77 for a 50 count bottle + my $1 off coupon, it only came to 77 cents.

These are Target Up&UP brand wipes comparable to Clorox wipes - If you know me, I am a CLEAN FREAK. I've been known to get up at 3am and scrub my counters with a toothbrush. So I like these wipes and for $2.24 + a $1 off coupon, this was $1.24.

Reeses Peanut Butter cups. Did I need these? Heck no. But man are they tasty. AND I can use them for Peanut Butter Cup Brownie Cupcakes if I want. Who are we kidding, I just sat and ate them. The coupon was a 'buy one get one free' so these came to 35 cents a piece.

Jell-o. So versatile. Whether you are making Broken Glass Jell-o or freezing poor Han Solo in a carbonite dessert, you should always have Jell-o on hand. These were 63 cents a piece, I bought four and got $1 off making them 38 cents a piece.

All in all, not bad, plus the money back for bringing my own bags puts me at a 50% savings.

As you could tell from the above pic of allll my coupons, I bought a lot more than what you see here but as it was people were wondering what the heck I was taking pictures of in the store, so this is all you get.

Overall I saved over 50%. Anyway, this gives you a good idea of how to save on simple things you use everyday. It's EASY. Pardon me while I go finish off my 35 cent peanut butter cup...

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous Hilary said...

You should sign up for Target text coupons. They literally scan the coupons on your phone.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 5:07:00 PM  
Anonymous Toya said...

Proof one again why you are my hero ;).

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 5:09:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Good for you! E is really good at this too. Between coupons, store sales and the clearance racks, he usually saves 50% at the grocery store. It takes a little patience, which I don't have for that sort of thing. For him, it's like a game and we end up saving a lot.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 9:04:00 PM  
Blogger ronneyrocks said...

Sign up in Launch jacking review and win an Ipad and many more.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 9:41:00 PM  
Blogger A Mom Like You said...

The best thing is, you can stack coupons @ Target. I felt like a freaky coupon toothpaste hoarder,but mt toothpaste ending up being free. I had a $1.00 coupon in the Sunday paper & a Target $1.50 off coupon for the toothpaste which was on clearance for $2 something=free. Happy!! Thanks for the info on the 5cent reuse bags.

Wednesday, February 23, 2011 8:33:00 AM  
Anonymous alibaba39 said...

Again, you are amazing! I use the Up & Up wipes and ibuprofen and find them to work well, with or without a coupon.

Wednesday, February 23, 2011 10:06:00 AM  
Blogger joyce said...

great tips! thanks!
i know i've spent too much when my bill goes past $75...that means i've strayed from my list..haha...

Wednesday, February 23, 2011 7:28:00 PM  
Blogger caninecologne said...

i love using coupons - and yeah, every little bit helps, especially when you bring your own bags to target! i hate feeling like a tight@$$ when I remind the checker to please make sure to scan the 5 cents off for the bag! :)

Thursday, February 24, 2011 5:10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home