Thursday, February 24, 2011

expecto patronum!

The kids are really into Harry Potter right now, which is odd since I've only read them a little of the books, and they've seen a couple of the movies - but only to a point, because it is way too scary for them in my opinion. But the idea of the characters really stayed with them and I think they like to imagine the world of Harry Potter. Of course, having Lego pieces helps a lot too.

Since I can't make it to Florida for a fantastic trip the real world of Harry Potter, luckily we have our own Hogwarts world right here in L.A.!

Whimsic Alley is right in the heart of Wilshire Blvd and when you enter the doors you really do feel like you enter the world of Harry Potter. The stores are themed out just like Diagon Alley, with robe shops, owls, wands and even a small sweets shop.

It's really well done but what I liked was the Great Hall. A party room complete with floating candles - just like in the book! That day there were kids having a party in there, they all got to wear robes, carry wands and it looked like a great magical birthday. Whimsic Alley also offers monthly teas in the Great Hall, which we will have to try someday.

The kids enjoyed themselves and felt like they had stepped into pages from the books. It was a nice treat to find such a well thought out whimsical place so close to home. Of course now the Kid's head is filled with ideas for a Harry Potter party. Oh, what have I done...

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Tosca said...

Already waiting till you post nice Harry Potter recipes.
harry Potter Rules :)

Friday, February 25, 2011 2:34:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jenn~
Greetings and Salutations - I love reading your blog (I entered your Valentine's give-away a few weeks back, and suggested your Cherry Cream cake)!
Thank you for writing about Harry Potter today - yes, I am a HP devotee - *happy, happy, joy, joy!* I look forward to your future HP creations; without a doubt, they will be "magical"!
PAX, Lola from Las Vegas

Friday, February 25, 2011 3:47:00 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Jenn,
Again you come through with a fantastic find.
I'm coming into LA next week for 10 days and have been making a list of places to hit like I have for the past few years. And your recommendations are always at the top. This one will be just under a return to Mikawaya for MOCHI!!.
Thanks again!
-anotherJenn

Friday, February 25, 2011 12:03:00 PM  
Anonymous Tricia S said...

What??? How have I never heard of this place?? Thanks for the tip!

Friday, February 25, 2011 12:29:00 PM  
Blogger L.A. Story said...

Wow, I had no idea this existed! Thanks for the tip!

Friday, February 25, 2011 10:03:00 PM  
Blogger caninecologne said...

very cool post! i've ordered a wand from them a few years back. i needed it for my costume; i went as as someone from slytherin house. next time i'm in l.a. my husband, daughter and i will definitely check this place out. my daughter has also cosplayed harry potter. we love HP!

Friday, February 25, 2011 10:46:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Holy crap! I had NO IDEA this place existed. I really must emerge from under my rock. So cool.

Saturday, February 26, 2011 4:23:00 PM  
Anonymous Ally said...

How do you find these places? Awesome! I can't wait to check it out!

Monday, March 07, 2011 10:36:00 AM  
Blogger Yum-e said...

Dah! It's so awesome! Wish I could have gone that day with you. Thanks for posting pics!

Tuesday, March 08, 2011 11:06:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home