Thursday, February 17, 2011

remembering you standing quiet in the rain as i ran to your heart to be near

I was going through my camera phone and I have 1600 pictures on there. 1600. Good lord. I need to dump a bunch of them, but as I scroll through I get a look back on my life...through food. I take a lot of pictures of food with my real camera phone because I don't want to bring out my camera so that every can say "ha ha food blogger" and point. Or...something.

Here is a selection of what I found on my phone and what I ate, apparently. Man, now I'm hungry.

Tito's Tacos
This isn't a surprise as I go here A LOT. I think I was picking up lunch for O.G on this day. I always get extra salsa because neither of us wants to share. The Baby likes to sing this annoying yet catchy theme song constantly. You're welcome for putting that in your head.

Birthday Ice Cream
This was on O.G.'s birthday, we had gone to breakfast and they brought this out. At 9am. Ice Cream for breakfast. Ok, then. The ironic thing is she doesn't like ice cream. More for me.

Langer's Pastrami
You may have seen this on 'Best Thing I Ever Ate' and let me tell you, it truly is. There is nothing more delicious. I often run into friends here but that's cause I'm totally Jewish. Not really, but I do love a good deli.

Fenton's Ice Cream
Apparently I was in Oakland? I don't even remember when that was but I DO remember this being some of the most delicious ice cream I've ever had.

Green Lantern GloBalls
Green Lantern's balls, anyone? I did NOT eat these and I don't think Hal Jordan would either.

Tamale Cone from Border Grill Truck
Is this the most glorious picture you've ever seen? Mexican food street food on a warm winter's day in my blinged out shoes. That's the life.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Shari said...

Isn't Fenton's the one in Hawaii? I ate ice cream at one in Kauai every day on my vacation. If it was called that.

Thursday, February 17, 2011 12:08:00 PM  
Blogger Shari said...

Oh never mind. It was Lappert's. Similar but not at all similar.

Thursday, February 17, 2011 12:09:00 PM  
Anonymous Hilary said...

Fenton's was at the airport! The same trip we drove all over a stupid town looking for a damn cupcake place that didn't even exist. Ring a bell? :)

Thursday, February 17, 2011 4:23:00 PM  
Blogger jami said...

1. I used to go to Fenton's in college. Best time ever: huge sundaes after seeing Buffy the Vampire Slayer (movie) in the theater.
2. I love that song.

Thursday, February 17, 2011 10:13:00 PM  
Blogger The Food Librarian said...

Holy crap. I need to do a post like this too. My phone is full of food too!! haahaha. Good things we are friends who think alike!! :)

Friday, February 18, 2011 5:24:00 PM  
Blogger maria said...

I would love that taco like I love the Cure.

Monday, February 21, 2011 7:52:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home