Monday, February 21, 2011

Warm and toasty

My favorite Maid Cafe/Art Gallery in the city always hosts the best in-store events. I try to go to every single opening, my favorite being the Hello Kitty anniversary party.

This week is the final run for the Mr. Toast exhibit at Royal T in Culver City and since my kids and I are big fans, we had to stop by! Over the years I have bought a lot of Mr. Toast merchandise at the L.A. bookfair and Comic Con, it was very cool to see it's very own pop-up!

First we had a delicious Sunday brunch featuring some Mr. Toast inspired specialties. I passed on the all you can drink mimosas, but had a fantastic breakfast sandwich while the Kid had his absolute fave Brioche French Toast. Mmm. Toast.

Right as we finished eating were lucky enough to catch a seat for the drawing lesson from Mr. Toast creator himself, Dan Goodsell.

The kids got to draw Mr. Toast characters and create their own worlds and spaces with pen and crayon. The Baby really had a great time and even got his pic up on the Royal T facebook page!

While the main store sells some of my personal faves (~wink) the pop-up store was transformed too, selling Mr. Toast plush and limited edition prints. But the Baby took a liking to the GIANT Mr. Toast, though I don't think it will fit in my living room.

Hurry in before Mr. Toast leaves - and get yourself a Royal T iced Milk Tea, my drink of choice! The tea makes for great cupcakes too, jes' sayin'.

Royal T info, here.
Mr. Toast info, here.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Marcella Darling said...

That last picture is really adorable!!

Monday, February 21, 2011 8:13:00 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

I love Mr. Toast! Won't be able to make it over this week though. Darn.

Monday, February 21, 2011 8:34:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home